Causes of Auto Accidents in New Jersey
The circumstances that lead to a motor vehicle accident can vary significantly, with contributing factors ranging from difficulties navigating weather conditions to automobile design defects and distracted or reckless driving. Determining the primary causes of an accident and identifying one or more responsible parties is extremely important when one attempts to achieve a positive resolution after suffering an injury during a crash, as it greatly influences the appropriate steps moving forward.
Finding an experienced personal injury attorney who can comprehensively evaluate your case is often the first step toward obtaining just compensation for your injuries. Fortunately, the attorneys at Chamlin, Uliano & Walsh have accumulated a wealth of knowledge and experience representing clients with automobile accident injury claims. They are pleased to provide free consultations to anyone who has sustained an injury as result of a motor vehicle accident in New Jersey. Call 732-440-3950 today to discuss your case and find the guidance you need to navigate through this tumultuous time.
in a Car Accident in New Jersey?
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Monmouth County NJ
As previously mentioned, the primary cause or causes of a motor vehicle accident are highly dependent on the circumstances of the specific case. However, there are a number of highly common factors that often contributor to the occurrence of these accidents in New Jersey and other states, including:
- Distracted Driving: may involve talking on a cell phone, sending text messages, reaching for an object inside the vehicle, observing an object or event occurring outside of the vehicle (often referred to as “rubber-necking”), eating, applying makeup, interacting with a passenger, adjusting the radio, utilizing in-car navigation, and reading maps or other materials
- Failure to Obey Traffic Laws, Patterns, or Signage: examples include stop signs, red lights, right-of-way signs, turn signaling, and driving above or below the posted speed limit
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs: may result in DWI or DUI charges in addition to a civil lawsuit against the driver, may also result in a liability lawsuit against a business that sold alcohol to a drunk driver when he or she was observably intoxicated
- Weather Conditions: including rain, sleet, snow, wind, fog, etc.
- Road-related Issues: encompasses poorly-maintained or ill-devised roads, unclear signage, and hazards related to road construction
- Reckless Driving: operating a motor vehicle with disregard for the safety of other persons and/or property (includes road-rage incidents and aggressive driving)
- Car Design Defects or Negligent Repairs: involves the defective design of a vehicle produced by a manufacturer as well as improper repairs completed by a mechanic or auto-body shop
Car Accident Liability Claims in Ocean County NJ
The law firm of Chamlin, Uliano & Walsh unites experience with compassion, with attorneys who serve as passionate legal advocates for each of their clients. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident in New Jersey or if you are a New Jersey resident who was involved in a motor vehicle accident in another state, contact us online or call 732-440-3950 as soon as possible for a free consultation.