Common Auto Accident Injuries in New Jersey
If you or someone you love sustains an injury during a motor vehicle accident, there are a myriad of variables which ultimately contribute to the type and extent of the resulting injuries, including the number of vehicles and/or objects involved in the collision, the point or points of impact, and the weather and road conditions at the time of the crash. Overall, the injuries that you suffer and the associated consequences for your life–personal, financial, and otherwise–entitle you to just compensation. It is the primary function of a personal injury attorney to ensure that you receive these benefits and with a talented lawyer who practices in this field advocating on your behalf, you can better position yourself for success in resolving these matters.
Automobile accidents can result in a wide variety of injuries, encompassing both observable physical impairments and more intangible emotional suffering. It is crucial to seek medical attention immediately following an accident in order to ensure that you receive the care that you need, in addition to obtaining documentation of your treatment for the purposes of filing a claim with an insurance company. As your claim is being addressed, a valuation of the damages that you incurred, as well as an assessment of your current policy and that of the other driver/(s), will be used to determine the sum to which you are entitled. Having a lawyer on your side during these proceedings is critical, as insurers will often search for ways to avoid paying you the amount that you deserve.
The experienced personal injury team at Chamlin, Uliano & Walsh have served on behalf of countless clients seeking just compensation for injuries sustained during motor vehicle accidents. Their talents attorneys have the knowledge and skills to effectively confront insurance providers in order to achieve positive results for their clients. Call the offices of Chamlin, Uliano & Walsh today at 732-440-3950 for immediate assistance or submit an online contact form. Our legal professionals will always provide consultations free of charge.
Common Car Accident Injuries in Monmouth County NJ
Motor vehicle accidents can result in a plethora of injuries to many different parts of the body, in addition to causing emotional and psychological pain. Some of the most common injuries resulting from automobile accidents are outlined below.
- Brain and Head Injuries: These injuries, which most often occur during side-impact collisions but may also occur during rear-end and head-on accidents, can range from mild concussions to traumatic brain injuries (TBI). A “closed head injury” includes any head injury that occurs internally, the most common of which is a concussion. Closed head injuries can also involve brain (intracranial) bleeding. These injuries are highly dangerous because they can often occur without visible symptoms. On the other hand, “open head injuries” typically involve skull fractures, including linear skull fractures, which occur most often, as well as depressed, diastatic, and basilar skull fractures.
- Neck Injuries: These injuries can involve soft-tissue injuries such as muscle strains or sprains and pinched nerves, or “hard injuries” including whiplash and neck fractures known as “cervical fractures.”
- Back Injuries: These injuries are associated with the three distinct regions of the back, which include the cervical vertebrae (neck), thoracic vertebrae (upper back), and lumbar vertebrae (lower back), as well as the surrounding discs, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and nerves. Injuries to these areas can involve sprains, strains, fractures, and disc injuries such as herniated discs, and may result in prolonged pain and functional difficulties that require continuing physical therapy and rehabilitative treatment.
- Face Injuries – These injuries can include bruises, lacerations, and fractures, as well as dental injuries and/or injuries to the jaw.
- Psychological Injuries – These injuries, which include symptoms such as emotional distress and conditions such as post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), are just as real as physical injuries and can result in significant suffering.
Auto Injury Claims in Ocean County NJ
The law firm of Chamlin, Uliano & Walsh unites experience with compassion, with attorneys who serve as passionate legal advocates for each of their clients. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident in New Jersey or if you are a New Jersey resident who was involved in a motor vehicle accident in another state, contact us online or call 732-440-3950 as soon as possible for a free consultation.